Gifts from Retirement Plans During Life
How It Works
- You take a distribution from your qualified retirement plan or IRA that is includable in your gross income
- You make a gift of the distribution or of other assets equal in value to the distribution
- You receive an offsetting charitable deduction
- If you are 70½ or older, read ahead about the IRA rollover opportunity available to you
- You may draw on perhaps your largest source of assets to support the programs that are important to you at RISD
- The distribution offsets your minimum required distribution
- If you use appreciated securities instead of cash from your distribution to make your gift, you'll avoid the capital-gain tax on the appreciation
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Rhode Island School of Design
Contact Institutional Advancement at email@example.com or 401 454-6304
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.