Deferred-Payment Gift Annuity
How It Works
- Transfer cash or other property to RISD
- RISD agrees to make payments for the life of one and up to two annuitants (payments are backed by our entire assets)
- The balance of the transfer inures to RISD
- Payments for life that are favorably taxed
- When gift is funded with cash, part of payment will be tax-free
- When gift is funded with appreciated property, part will be taxed as capital gain, part will be tax-free, and part will be taxed as ordinary income
- Federal income-tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Gift will provide generous support for RISD
Rhode Island School of Design is currently authorized to issue gift annuities in nearly all states in the U.S., and authorization is pending in certain others. Please contact us to learn whether RISD can issue a gift annuity to persons in your state at the present time.
Request an eBrochure
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.